Trailer Trash Truffles
I’m hosting my annual Christmas Party and figured it would be fun to make a special treat for all the guests to take home. Not being much of a baker, I found an easy and minimalist recipe that I thought would look good and taste incredible.
It only calls for 4 simple ingredients:
- 1 bag of Oreo Cookies
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese
- 1 Box of semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 package of white chocolate chips
The results are interesting…
****click on the picture for a step by step explanation of How to Make Trailer Trash Truffles****
The process was a little more complicated that I thought it would be and very messy!
The end result was disappointing but what did I expect with Oreo Cookies, Cream Cheese and Semi Sweet Chocolate. Not to knock on Oreo cookies- I mean the truffles actually taste OK. In my mind i pictured something a lot different… more elegant and incroyable!
In the end, I won’t be handing these out as party favors. I don’t think i want people to remember the great night they had with some mediocre artificial tasting treat. In fact, simple shortbread cookies would have been tastier and more elegant. Instead, these will be put out for everyone to enjoy as they raise a glass or two or five. (that reminds me i need to figure out my signature holiday cocktail…)
And so off i go to putter in the kitchen and get some more food ready for the party.
The main event: Do it your self pulled pork sliders! (who doesn’t love pulled pork?)
Post Party *FYI: they were actually a really big hit and people loved these little treats and so if you want something that will WOW people (even if it is Oreo Cookies!) try this recipe.
Search Foodventures Here:
- 9,767 hits
- RT @Ewans_Dad: Say what you mean and mean what you say! I yell when the bartender has taken 5mins to get me a drink when they said they'd… 1 day ago
- Your intimidation is your best fuck boy filter! r29.co/2sLHaCW Fuck Yes @maria_delrusso 3 days ago
- RT @strictlystage: Toronto, this is your last chance to catch Strictly Ballroom the Musical before we leave the Princess of Wales Theatre.… 3 days ago
- RT @PublicTheaterNY: Help us spread a positive message: #FreeShakespeare. 1 week ago
- @ErrolNazareth @CBCBigCity Loving this new tune by @John_Orpheus 💯❤️ 1 week ago