i hate christmas-christmas cookies!
This year, i have the time and the lack of funds to make gifts for everyone on my list and so what better than the gift of cookies. Simple, delicious AND bonus: they make the house smell heavenly. I had a whole bunch of limes left over from my Holidays Soiree and so I thought that I would put them to use with this cookie recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter-soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- the juice from 3 limes
- 2 tbsps of lime zest
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
The result is light, fluffy and simple…*makes about 8 dozen small cookies
**click on the picture for a step by step explanation of How to make I hate Christmas Cookies
These cookies are very subtle and light tasting. It’s a little misleading (i mean a whole bag of white chocolate chips seems insanely sweet) but the lime juice cuts the sweetness of the white chocolate. If i decide to make more of these bad boys, i think i will add some dried cranberries to the mix.
If you decide to venture let me know how it turns out.
I’m off to finish packaging my treats and to start delivering.
Search Foodventures Here:
- 9,767 hits
- RT @Ewans_Dad: Say what you mean and mean what you say! I yell when the bartender has taken 5mins to get me a drink when they said they'd… 1 day ago
- Your intimidation is your best fuck boy filter! r29.co/2sLHaCW Fuck Yes @maria_delrusso 3 days ago
- RT @strictlystage: Toronto, this is your last chance to catch Strictly Ballroom the Musical before we leave the Princess of Wales Theatre.… 3 days ago
- RT @PublicTheaterNY: Help us spread a positive message: #FreeShakespeare. 1 week ago
- @ErrolNazareth @CBCBigCity Loving this new tune by @John_Orpheus 💯❤️ 1 week ago