i hate christmas-christmas cookies!
This year, i have the time and the lack of funds to make gifts for everyone on my list and so what better than the gift of cookies. Simple, delicious AND bonus: they make the house smell heavenly. I had a whole bunch of limes left over from my Holidays Soiree and so I thought that I would put them to use with this cookie recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter-soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- the juice from 3 limes
- 2 tbsps of lime zest
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
The result is light, fluffy and simple…*makes about 8 dozen small cookies
**click on the picture for a step by step explanation of How to make I hate Christmas Cookies
These cookies are very subtle and light tasting. It’s a little misleading (i mean a whole bag of white chocolate chips seems insanely sweet) but the lime juice cuts the sweetness of the white chocolate. If i decide to make more of these bad boys, i think i will add some dried cranberries to the mix.
If you decide to venture let me know how it turns out.
I’m off to finish packaging my treats and to start delivering.
Search Foodventures Here:
- 9,829 hits
- doing my every 4 mths TTC ride & a dude sat down next to me & he is literally emanating heat like a fireplace on a cold winters night #FML 13 hours ago
- RT @kellyoxford: Let's just clear this up forever: No matter how much she loves you, and your dick. She doesn't want a dick pic. Ever. Nev… 14 hours ago
- Saw great theatre last night spent Act 2 distracted by 2 reviewers in the front w/notepads & pens- please stop & write from memory #theaTO 1 day ago
- Loved Aliens @coalminetheatre incredible production! Bravo to the cast & crew! Go see this! #theaTO #smlife #theatre #toronto 2 days ago
- RT @ambertamblyn: I have an op-ed in tomorrow's Sunday @nytimes: I’m Done With Not Being Believed by Amber Tamblyn mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/16/opi… 5 days ago