i hate christmas-christmas cookies!
This year, i have the time and the lack of funds to make gifts for everyone on my list and so what better than the gift of cookies. Simple, delicious AND bonus: they make the house smell heavenly. I had a whole bunch of limes left over from my Holidays Soiree and so I thought that I would put them to use with this cookie recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter-soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- the juice from 3 limes
- 2 tbsps of lime zest
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
The result is light, fluffy and simple…*makes about 8 dozen small cookies
**click on the picture for a step by step explanation of How to make I hate Christmas Cookies
These cookies are very subtle and light tasting. It’s a little misleading (i mean a whole bag of white chocolate chips seems insanely sweet) but the lime juice cuts the sweetness of the white chocolate. If i decide to make more of these bad boys, i think i will add some dried cranberries to the mix.
If you decide to venture let me know how it turns out.
I’m off to finish packaging my treats and to start delivering.
Search Foodventures Here:
- 9,847 hits
- RT @JenniferDDupre: No children grow up saying they wanna be a stage manager and that makes me sad 2 hours ago
- You know what's really annoying? @PrimeVideo doesn't have subtitles available for the Spanish bits on @AMC_TV… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- RT @agotoronto: For #5womenartists, throughout March we're having women curators at the AGO tell us about women artists they love. Last wee… 3 days ago
- RT @nytimes: Breaking News: The physicist Stephen Hawking has died at 76. He roamed the cosmos from a wheelchair, making discoveries that c… 5 days ago
- HOT TIP: If you want men over the age of 50 to talk to you about fashion wear a pair of ripped jeans to work! Never… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago