Berry Christmas Casserole
This year i was in charge of all the food for Christmas day! A family first, seeing as my mom usually does everything. We started Christmas morning off with a French Toast Casserole and a special champagne punch.
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- **This is a two part recipe seeing as you must let the bread and wet ingredients sit overnight in the fridge!
**click on the picture for a step by step explanation of How to make a Berry Christmas Casserole.
The casserole was a huge hit. The perfect way to start Christmas Day. It is so easy to make and really looks incredible. We enjoyed it with a sparkling Christmas Punch (that was OK but in the end Mimosa’s are way more delicious!) Later on, I cooked a full turkey dinner which was a success ( My sister did admit that although my stuffing was good “Nothing beats Mom’s Stuffing!”). My brother heads to BC tomorrow to relocate and so i’m going to make him something tasty to eat in the car for his long drive West. Look for it soon!
P.S. In the New Year, I’m going to start going on Foodventures all over the place! I received a sneaky little camera which will be perfect for Guerilla foodventures and best of blogs. Fun!