BBQ Mushrooms stuffed with Blue Cheese
It’s BBQ season! My favorite season and last night I had some gal pals over for some food and drinks. My friend Katy brought over the fixings for this delicious appetizer. It was the perfect starter for our steak dinner and a total crowd pleaser.
- 1 package of whole mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese
- 1/4 cup of plain cream cheese cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 tsp of butter
- Pre-heat your bbq and set the temperature on low. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems (but save them for step 2!). Set the mushrooms aside and Melt the butter in a small frying pan over med high heat.
- Chop your mushrooms stems, shallot and garlic into small piece. Add your chopped veggies to your pan with the melted butter and saute until soft; about 5 minutes.
- While your veggies are sauteing: In a bowl combine the blue cheese and cream cheese and mix until soft and creamy. Once your veggies are ready add the hot mixture to your cheese and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps filling generously.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the hot grill and cook until the cheese in golden brown and the mushrooms are soft and cook throughout (about 15 minutes or so).
BBQ Mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese slide show: A new way to discover the steps to delicious foodventures!
The countdown is on to the long weekend. I am planning some delicious BBQ meals and am looking forward to sharing them with you. Until then…