Sausage and Roasted Tomato Penne in a Mustard Cream Sauce
I recently enjoyed an amazing pasta at the Kit Kat Club that was served in a Mustard Cream Sauce. This sauce blew my mind and so I decided to re create it at home with my own Foodventure twist. The result is delicious and really simple. This dish takes about 10 minutes to make (minus the time to slow roast the tomatoes) and you won’t be disappointed.
- 2 cups of slow roasted tomatoes (click here for a link to my recipe)
- 4 shallots loosely chopped to roast with the tomatoes
- 3 Italian sausages, meat removed from casings and crumbled (i used 2 hot and 1 mild)
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine
- 3/4 cup of 5% cream
- 3 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 2 cups of penne
- 1 1/2 cups of arugula
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the sausage meat and brown over moderately high heat, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and mustard and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, In a bowl combine the pasta, roasted tomatoes and sausage. Toss to coat. Top with fresh arugula and fresh grated parm cheese. Serve at once.