I created this dish for dinner last night. It was an easy and tasty meal and quite healthy although it tasted very rich. I tried the yoke less egg noodles for the first time and they are delicious and a healthy pasta alternative. This dish is ready in less than 30 minutes and is probably one of the simplest thing I’ve made to date. Have it for dinner tonight!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced (i used a mixture of white sliced and portobello)
- 1 lb extra lean turkey
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg broad yokeless egg noodles
- 1 container of Philadelphia Cooking Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely chopped fresh basil
In a large pan add your olive oil and cook the onion, jalapeño and mushrooms on medium high heat until softened. Add the turkey and cook until browned and no liquid remains-about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine cook for about 5 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the Pasta to the pot and cook (stirring occasionally) until pasta is al dente about 8 minutes. Add cream cheese,parm cheese and basil and stir into the mixture. Serve immediately.
I recently enjoyed an amazing pasta at the Kit Kat Club that was served in a Mustard Cream Sauce. This sauce blew my mind and so I decided to re create it at home with my own Foodventure twist. The result is delicious and really simple. This dish takes about 10 minutes to make (minus the time to slow roast the tomatoes) and you won’t be disappointed.
- 2 cups of slow roasted tomatoes (click here for a link to my recipe)
- 4 shallots loosely chopped to roast with the tomatoes
- 3 Italian sausages, meat removed from casings and crumbled (i used 2 hot and 1 mild)
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine
- 3/4 cup of 5% cream
- 3 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 2 cups of penne
- 1 1/2 cups of arugula
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the sausage meat and brown over moderately high heat, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and mustard and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, In a bowl combine the pasta, roasted tomatoes and sausage. Toss to coat. Top with fresh arugula and fresh grated parm cheese. Serve at once.