It’s BBQ season! My favorite season and last night I had some gal pals over for some food and drinks. My friend Katy brought over the fixings for this delicious appetizer. It was the perfect starter for our steak dinner and a total crowd pleaser.
- 1 package of whole mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese
- 1/4 cup of plain cream cheese cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 tsp of butter
- Pre-heat your bbq and set the temperature on low. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems (but save them for step 2!). Set the mushrooms aside and Melt the butter in a small frying pan over med high heat.
- Chop your mushrooms stems, shallot and garlic into small piece. Add your chopped veggies to your pan with the melted butter and saute until soft; about 5 minutes.
- While your veggies are sauteing: In a bowl combine the blue cheese and cream cheese and mix until soft and creamy. Once your veggies are ready add the hot mixture to your cheese and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps filling generously.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the hot grill and cook until the cheese in golden brown and the mushrooms are soft and cook throughout (about 15 minutes or so).
BBQ Mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese slide show: A new way to discover the steps to delicious foodventures!
The countdown is on to the long weekend. I am planning some delicious BBQ meals and am looking forward to sharing them with you. Until then…
Sunday in Toronto….33 degree’s! What better way to enjoy the heat than to have a sizzling summer soiree with friends.
I’m prepping a whole BBQ menu but the Lime and Black Pepper BBQed Corn is going to be the dish that everyone is going to want to make themselves! It’s so easy and it’s a really delicious and unique way to serve your grilled corn. Trust me you will not be disappointed.
Ingredients List: Makes 8 servings.
- 4 cobs of corn cut in half
- 3 limes
- A healthy amount of pepper
*Click on the picture for a step by step explanation of how to make Lime & Black Peppers BBQ Corn:
Along with the corn. I served 3 different types of Cheese that I got while I was in The County. I am totally in love with Fifth Town’s Petal Luna Hard Goat Cheese. It is incredible!
Anyway, I hope you get to jump in a lake, a pool, in a sprinkler…something to beat the heat.
Backyard Potluck season is in full swing!
Yesterday, I headed to my gal pals K2 for a potluck in their backyard. Things are getting crowded in my fridge and so I thought I would purge the fridge to create my dish for the potluck. The rule is you can only use ingredients that you already have at home. This is a fun and creative way to cook, As you can imagine my pantry/fridge/cupboards are pretty well stocked! Here’s what I came up with…
Part One: Meat and Marinade
- 1 Flank Steak Sliced
- 50 ml Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sirracha
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Part Two: Dressing
- 6 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 7 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp of Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp of Dried Chili Peppers
- 1/2 Tsp of Grated Ginger
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Part Three: Salad Stuffers
- 1 Orange Pepper Sliced
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced
- 1 Hot pepper finely chopped
- 1 package of Snow Peas steamed with sea salt and lemon juice
- Half a Red onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Head of Broccoli Chopped
- 1 Mango Chopped
- 1 package of Baby Spinach
****click on the picture for a more info about how to make your own Spicy Beef Salad!
This is a delicious salad bursting with flavour and a perfect meal to share at home. I’m heading out of town for the weekend to work in Prince Edward County for the month and I am really stoked. I hear great things about this”new” wine country and my favorite cheese is made in The County! Can’t wait to see what kind of Foodventures I’ll find there!
I love BBQing. It is my preferred method to cook food. I have to admit that I suck at cooking chicken on the BBQ, but I think this year will be the year that I will finally become a wizard at all things BBQ. A lot of women seem intimidated by the art of BBQ but hopefully my own silly bbq love will inspire everyone to grill grill grill. So here’s a teaser of what I cooked last night.
****click on the picture for a better look at my First Grill of the Season!
Tonight I am hosting a crew of people for a small evening of food and drink. Lot’s of fun food ideas are dancing around in my head and some of my fav cooks will be over. (Todd, JMurph, Kelly). Todd and I are planning a co-blog and so who knows tonight might be the night. You can read all about it tomorrow.
P.S. Check out this awesome event happening in Toronto this week. I’ll be there Tuesday-Friday being fabulous. Come on out and say hello.