I love to paint and after 5 months away, tomorrow morning, I will join my ladies and get back to my regular painting group. Anyway, I figured it would be nice to have a little treat to share with everyone over tea break. I had a whole bunch of oranges left over from this week’s groceries and so I decided to create something orange flavoured so that they wouldn’t go to waste.
Ingredients List: (Makes about 24 small scones)
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- 4 tsps of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of orange zest (about 2 small oranges)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of cold unsalted butter (cut in small chunks)
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for glaze)
- 1 tbsp of orange juice (for glaze)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line your cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, orange zest and salt.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture is crumbly with small chunks.
- Add the sour cream and orange juice and blend lightly. (Don’t overmix or you scones won’t be as moist as they could be.)
- Flour your counter or cutting board and roll scone mixture into a ball. Break into small pieces and form into smaller balls (any size you fancy will work). Flatten onto your cookie sheet.
- Whisk together your egg and milk and lighty brush your scones. (if you don’t have a brush you can use your fingers like i did). Bake for 12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- While your scones are baking mix together your glaze until smooth. (if it’s too thick ass more juice until you have a nice smooth texture.) Once your scones have cooled drizzle lightly.
Leftover blueberries in the fridge=Yummy Treats. I have never made scones before but I woke up this morning and thought today is a perfect day for scones. So, i scoured the internets for some recipe ideas and came up with this combination and it turned out quite well. Make some and try em out for yourself!
Ingredients List: Makes 10 servings.
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
*Click on the picture for a step by step explanation of how to make these delicious Scones:
I am currently doing a really great contract in Ottawa. 2 interesting and thrilling operas. The show opens September 10th. Get the details here.
Happy Long Weekend.
Busy Busy Busy in Ottawa….I haven’t forgotten about you! Will give you something mouth watering soon.
Sunday in Toronto….33 degree’s! What better way to enjoy the heat than to have a sizzling summer soiree with friends.
I’m prepping a whole BBQ menu but the Lime and Black Pepper BBQed Corn is going to be the dish that everyone is going to want to make themselves! It’s so easy and it’s a really delicious and unique way to serve your grilled corn. Trust me you will not be disappointed.
Ingredients List: Makes 8 servings.
- 4 cobs of corn cut in half
- 3 limes
- A healthy amount of pepper
*Click on the picture for a step by step explanation of how to make Lime & Black Peppers BBQ Corn:
Along with the corn. I served 3 different types of Cheese that I got while I was in The County. I am totally in love with Fifth Town’s Petal Luna Hard Goat Cheese. It is incredible!
Anyway, I hope you get to jump in a lake, a pool, in a sprinkler…something to beat the heat.
Basic, Delicious and a Great way to purge your fridge.
My friend JMurph came over for dinner this evening and I was too lazy to do any grocery shopping over the weekend. I figured that I had enough stuff kicking around at home to make some sort of meal. Turns out, I have all the ingredients neccesary to make Mac and Cheese. In fact, I have so many ends of different kids of cheese that this is more like a 4 cheese mac and cheese.
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 Cups of Noodles (cooked)
- 2 Cups of Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups of light cream (5%)
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp of Dijon
- 2 Cups of Bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup of kielbasa
- salt and pepper to taste
**click on the picture for a more info about how to make MacCheesey Bake.
Signs of Spring are everywhere…LOVE IT! Love you.