I created this dish for dinner last night. It was an easy and tasty meal and quite healthy although it tasted very rich. I tried the yoke less egg noodles for the first time and they are delicious and a healthy pasta alternative. This dish is ready in less than 30 minutes and is probably one of the simplest thing I’ve made to date. Have it for dinner tonight!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced (i used a mixture of white sliced and portobello)
- 1 lb extra lean turkey
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg broad yokeless egg noodles
- 1 container of Philadelphia Cooking Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely chopped fresh basil
In a large pan add your olive oil and cook the onion, jalapeño and mushrooms on medium high heat until softened. Add the turkey and cook until browned and no liquid remains-about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine cook for about 5 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the Pasta to the pot and cook (stirring occasionally) until pasta is al dente about 8 minutes. Add cream cheese,parm cheese and basil and stir into the mixture. Serve immediately.
It’s BBQ season! My favorite season and last night I had some gal pals over for some food and drinks. My friend Katy brought over the fixings for this delicious appetizer. It was the perfect starter for our steak dinner and a total crowd pleaser.
- 1 package of whole mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese
- 1/4 cup of plain cream cheese cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 tsp of butter
- Pre-heat your bbq and set the temperature on low. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems (but save them for step 2!). Set the mushrooms aside and Melt the butter in a small frying pan over med high heat.
- Chop your mushrooms stems, shallot and garlic into small piece. Add your chopped veggies to your pan with the melted butter and saute until soft; about 5 minutes.
- While your veggies are sauteing: In a bowl combine the blue cheese and cream cheese and mix until soft and creamy. Once your veggies are ready add the hot mixture to your cheese and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps filling generously.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the hot grill and cook until the cheese in golden brown and the mushrooms are soft and cook throughout (about 15 minutes or so).
BBQ Mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese slide show: A new way to discover the steps to delicious foodventures!
The countdown is on to the long weekend. I am planning some delicious BBQ meals and am looking forward to sharing them with you. Until then…
I love BBQing. It is my preferred method to cook food. I have to admit that I suck at cooking chicken on the BBQ, but I think this year will be the year that I will finally become a wizard at all things BBQ. A lot of women seem intimidated by the art of BBQ but hopefully my own silly bbq love will inspire everyone to grill grill grill. So here’s a teaser of what I cooked last night.
****click on the picture for a better look at my First Grill of the Season!
Tonight I am hosting a crew of people for a small evening of food and drink. Lot’s of fun food ideas are dancing around in my head and some of my fav cooks will be over. (Todd, JMurph, Kelly). Todd and I are planning a co-blog and so who knows tonight might be the night. You can read all about it tomorrow.
P.S. Check out this awesome event happening in Toronto this week. I’ll be there Tuesday-Friday being fabulous. Come on out and say hello.
Toronto was covered in a blanket of snow overnight and looks beautiful from the window of my downtown condo. I’m in the mood to order in chinese and I’m feeling a little tickle in the back of my throat. All I want is something delicious and comforting to enjoy while getting cozy on the couch with a class of vino and a movie. So here’s my twist on Beef Chow Mein. Seriously, it will take you as long to make this dish as it would to get it delivered and this is a much healthier and tasty option!
- 1/3 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Fresh grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (about half a lemon)
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (my favorite condiment! yummy!)
- 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp of Honey
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 4 stalks celery
- handful of baby carrots
- half of a small red pepper
- half a head of broccoli ( i used a little leftover cauliflower as well)
- 3 green onions
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 steak (marinating steak or skirt steak will work perfectly)
- 2 portions of Rooster Brand instant noodles (any chow mein noodle will do)
**click on the picture for a step by step explanation of How to make Beef Chow Mein.
Happy Saturday! Enjoy the snow… ( i wish i had a backyard to make snow angels!)
P.S. You can now sign up to get all the latest Foodventures to your inbox! (Check it out in the top right corner under the Howdy, Finale, La Vie.)