It’s BBQ season! My favorite season and last night I had some gal pals over for some food and drinks. My friend Katy brought over the fixings for this delicious appetizer. It was the perfect starter for our steak dinner and a total crowd pleaser.
- 1 package of whole mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese
- 1/4 cup of plain cream cheese cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 tsp of butter
- Pre-heat your bbq and set the temperature on low. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems (but save them for step 2!). Set the mushrooms aside and Melt the butter in a small frying pan over med high heat.
- Chop your mushrooms stems, shallot and garlic into small piece. Add your chopped veggies to your pan with the melted butter and saute until soft; about 5 minutes.
- While your veggies are sauteing: In a bowl combine the blue cheese and cream cheese and mix until soft and creamy. Once your veggies are ready add the hot mixture to your cheese and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps filling generously.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the hot grill and cook until the cheese in golden brown and the mushrooms are soft and cook throughout (about 15 minutes or so).
BBQ Mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese slide show: A new way to discover the steps to delicious foodventures!
The countdown is on to the long weekend. I am planning some delicious BBQ meals and am looking forward to sharing them with you. Until then…
Basic, Delicious and a Great way to purge your fridge.
My friend JMurph came over for dinner this evening and I was too lazy to do any grocery shopping over the weekend. I figured that I had enough stuff kicking around at home to make some sort of meal. Turns out, I have all the ingredients neccesary to make Mac and Cheese. In fact, I have so many ends of different kids of cheese that this is more like a 4 cheese mac and cheese.
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 Cups of Noodles (cooked)
- 2 Cups of Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups of light cream (5%)
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp of Dijon
- 2 Cups of Bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup of kielbasa
- salt and pepper to taste
**click on the picture for a more info about how to make MacCheesey Bake.
Signs of Spring are everywhere…LOVE IT! Love you.
My brother’s heart belongs in the mountains. He tried to resist heading West this winter but alas he has succumbed. Since he is doing the 45+ hour long trek by car, I figured it would be handy if he has some homemade snacks to eat along the way. His final destination is Golden…and so what better road food than Golden Spanakopita?
- 2 med size shallots
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bag spinach
- couple handfuls of fresh parsley
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh parm cheese
- 1 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 10 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
**click on the picture for a step by step explanation of How to make Golden Spanakopita.
My brother left this morning at 4:00am with his GS in hand. Safe travels!
This dish will sure to be a hit and it is so easy to make. Probably the easiest thing on this blog so far! Try it and let me know how it turns out. I’ll even post on how to make your own homemade Tzatziki very soon.